What is Carpal Tunnel? Carpal tunnel is a condition that typically features numbness, tingling, and pain in the wrist area. Along with numbness and tingling, you may also experience a burning sensation that runs from your wrist through your arm and general weakness that makes it challenging to perform basic tasks.
Looking for an alternative to surgery?
Call us today at (770) 614-6266
At our medical clinic, we have regenerative treatments that can help get to the root cause of your discomfort and provide long-lasting pain relief. Schedule a complimentary consultation today to get the process started.
Alternative Treatments for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition that affects people from all walks of life. It is often challenging to pinpoint the exact reason for carpal tunnel, but squeezing or irritation of the median nerve that runs from your forearm through your wrist is usually the cause of the pain and numbness. This may be caused by a wrist injury or through repetitive motions at work that affect that specific area.
The alternative treatments our doctors prefer to use are injections containing regenerative tissue and platelet-rich plasma, or PRP. Here is our regenerative tissue injection process explained:
- We ethically source tissue from the Wharton’s Jelly of donated umbilical cords
- Neither the mother nor the baby experience any discomfort during the process, and the mother is screened to ensure high-quality tissue
- The tissue is injected into your damaged wrist area to work with your body’s own natural healing process and facilitate healing
- This young tissue contains powerful healing properties like cytokines, exosomes, proteins, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, amino acids, peptides and more
- There is little to no downtime and the process is minimally invasive
PRP therapy also requires little to no downtime and consists of an injection into your damaged tissue to boost your body’s healing capabilities.
Here is how that process works:
- We draw a small sample of your blood
- The blood is placed in a centrifuge
- The blood is spun at high speeds where the platelets and red blood cells separate
- The resulting platelets are highly concentrated and contain healing properties
- The platelets are injected into your sore wrist to alleviate carpal tunnel pain
Find Long-Lasting Wrist Pain Relief with Regenerative Medicine
Regenerative tissue and platelet-rich plasma therapy can help alleviate carpal tunnel pain by addressing the root cause and not just masking the outward symptoms. Numbing pain with medication so you can carry on with your daily activities may seem effective, but it’s only temporary and may lead to more extensive issues. Having surgery on your wrist is unnecessarily invasive and often requires lengthy recovery time, which is why we prefer minimally invasive treatments that target the root cause.
If yo usuffer from carpal tunnel in Suwanee, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Buford, Flowering Branch or any city in Gwinnett County, give us a call today at (770) 614-6266 for a free consultation. Our doctors are dedicated to help you get back to doing the things you love and regain your quality of life.